Find out about our history, executives, policies, Board priorities and more.
Established in 1874, BOQ has been a publicly listed company traded on the Australian Securities Exchange since 1971.
BOQ currently holds Australian Financial Services Licence (AFSL) No 244616 and Australian Credit Licence (ACL) No 244616.
At BOQ, most of our branches are run by local Owner-Managers. This means they're running a small business and understand what it means to deliver personal service.
Customers have access to over 255 branches and over 3,500 ATMs.
BOQ has undertaken a number of successful acquisitions in recent years including:
- 2003 - UFJ Finance Australia Limited (now BOQ Equipment Finance Limited);
- 2003 - ATM Solutions Australasia Pty Ltd (since sold to Macquarie Bank in 2005);
- 2005 - ORIX Debt Factoring business;
- 2006 - Pioneer Permanent Building Society Limited;
- 2007 – Home Building Society Ltd; and
- 2010 - St Andrew's Insurance (Australia) Pty Ltd, St Andrew's Life Insurance Pty Ltd, CIT Group (Australia) Limited and CIT Group (New Zealand) Limited.
BOQ's operations comprise the following key activities:
- Retail banking including everyday banking accounts, savings and investment products, credit cards and personal and home loans.
- Business banking including business loans, transaction accounts, business charge cards and investment and statutory trust accounts.
This division incorporates the new vendor finance businesses BOQ acquired in 2010, CIT Group (Australia) Limited and CIT Group (New Zealand) Limited, as well as the Bank's exisiting equipment finance and debtor finance businesses.
St Andrew's Insurance
St Andrew's is a leading manufacturer of consumer credit insurance products with a solid history of partnering with financial institutions to deliver insurance solutions. BOQ purchased St Andrew's in 2010 and continues to operate it as an independent entity, in much the same way as it was profitably operating prior to BOQ's purchase.
We are committed to corporate excellence. Learn more about our policies and practices which support the values we regard highly.