Find out about our history, executives, policies, Board priorities and more.
Established in 1874, BOQ has been a publicly listed company traded on the Australian Securities Exchange since 1971.
BOQ currently holds Australian Financial Services Licence (AFSL) No 244616 and Australian Credit Licence (ACL) No 244616.
At BOQ, most of our branches are run by local Owner-Managers. This means they're running a small business and understand what it means to deliver personal service.
Customers have access to over 200 branches and over 3,500 ATMs.
BOQ has undertaken a number of successful acquisitions in recent years including:
- 2003 - UFJ Finance Australia Limited (now BOQ Equipment Finance Limited)
- 2003 - ATM Solutions Australasia Pty Ltd (since sold to Macquarie Bank in 2005)
- 2005 - ORIX Debt Factoring business
- 2006 - Pioneer Permanent Building Society Limited
- 2007 – Home Building Society Ltd
- 2010 - St Andrew's Insurance (Australia) Pty Ltd, St Andrew's Life Insurance Pty Ltd, CIT Group (Australia) Limited and CIT Group (New Zealand) Limited
- 2013 - Virgin Money Australia Pty Ltd
- 2014 - Investec Bank (Australia) Ltd
BOQ's operations comprise the following key activities:
- Retail banking including everyday banking accounts, savings and investment products, credit cards and personal and home loans.
- Business banking including business loans, transaction accounts, business charge cards and investment and statutory trust accounts.
This division incorporates the vendor finance businesses BOQ acquired in 2010, CIT Group (Australia) Limited and CIT Group (New Zealand) Limited; the Asset Finance & Leasing business acquired as part of Investec Bank (Australia) Limited in 2014; and the Bank's existing equipment finance and debtor finance businesses.
- BOQ Specialist delivers distinctive banking solutions to niche market segments, including medical, accounting and financial advisory professionals. BOQ acquired the business (previously Investec Professional Finance) as part of Investec Bank (Australia) Limited in 2014. BOQ Specialist operates as a separate division of BOQ’s Business Bank.
St Andrew's Insurance
St Andrew's is a leading manufacturer of consumer credit insurance products with a solid history of partnering with financial institutions to deliver insurance solutions. BOQ purchased St Andrew's in 2010 and continues to operate it as an independent entity, in much the same way as it was profitably operating prior to BOQ's purchase.
Virgin Money Australia
Virgin Money Australia is a retail financial services company that aims to provide a wide range of great value financial products that are easy to understand and sort out as well as be a compelling alternative to the Big 4 banks. BOQ acquired Virgin Money Australia in 2013, and it operates as a standalone business within the BOQ Group.
Centrepoint Alliance Premium Funding
- On 30 December 2016 BOQ completed the purchase of Centrepoint Alliance Premium Funding Pty Ltd for $20m. Centrepoint Alliance Premium Funding is a leading participant in the premium funding industry, originating around 30,000 new loans per annum predominantly to small and medium-sized enterprises. The business is aligned with BOQ’s strategy to target profitable niche business segments. The acquired business has been rebranded to form a new division under BOQ Finance.
We are committed to corporate excellence. Learn more about our policies and practices which support the values we regard highly.