Bank of Queensland today announced plans to help North Queenslanders affected by Cyclone Larry.
The Bank will donate $50,000 to the Queensland Premier’s Disaster Relief Appeal, and has put together a special assistance package for affected customers.
We will expedite insurance claims for all BOQ insurance customers through our partners Vero Insurance, St Andrews and CGU. BOQ’s insurance partners have also indicated that they will have well-manned call centres and officers on the ground to assist with customer enquiries.
Lending and Credit Cards
- Restructuring of all home/business and personal loans, including suspension or recasting of repayments without impacting arrears (on a case by case basis). All bank fees (establishment or conversion) to be waived in these instances.
- Waiver of establishment fees for personal loans and overdrafts where related to the provision of assistance.
- Customers with fixed rate loans who are ahead of their scheduled repayments will be allowed to redraw their early repaid principal at no cost.
- Deferral of equipment finance repayments, when required.
- Emergency credit limit increases and deferral of minimum repayments to be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Suspension of arrears letters and collection activity in all areas north and west of Townsville (this measure will stay in place until the situation is resolved).
- For term deposit customers, waiver of charges related to breaking the term deposit to access their cash.
- Waiver of over-the-counter service fees (eg bank cheques or cashing of cheques) resulting from the disaster.
BOQ Managing Director David Liddy said the Bank has a strong commitment to North Queensland and understands how significantly this will impact all parts of the local community.
“As Queensland’s Bank, we really want to help Far North Queensland get back on their feet. I hope that our contribution will make a difference, and I urge everyone to get behind this very worthy cause.
“Our hearts go out to all those affected by this disaster.”
BOQ customers requiring further information are invited to contact the Bank on 07 3212 3240 or 1300 557 272.