EFTPOS Merchant Facility
Our EFTPOS facility will enable your business to electronically process credit cards, debit cards and charge cards* presented by your customers for the payment of goods or services.
It is designed for small to medium size retail/professional sector businesses requiring a compact counter top terminal that accepts credit card, debit card and charge cards and delivers fast online transaction authorisations.
By choosing this facility you have the opportunity to increase your sales as your customers have the option of using their cards should they not have cash on hand. Purchases made with cards also mean that you carry a lot less cash on the premises, therefore better security for you.
*Charge cards such as American Express, Diners Club and JCB can be added upon request with prior arrangement from the relevant schemes.
Features and benefits
- quiet operation
- funds are credited to your Bank of Queensland trading account on the next business working day following settlement
- accepts major credit cards and debit cards
- charge cards such as American Express, Diners Club and JCB can be added upon request
- tipping function is available for restaurant merchants and pre-authorisation for hotels
- one-touch function activation for a wide range of transaction types
- bank of Queensland will provide you with in-store signage to promote the availability of EFTPOS and credit card payments at your business, free of charge
- the option to install multiple terminals at one site or multiple terminals at multiple sites
- can be used for ‘mail order/telephone order’ transactions (card not present) upon bank approval
- a manual facility is provided in case of emergency (e.g. black out, telephone line problems etc)
- allows your customers to withdraw cash with debit card transactions. This function is available at your discretion and in doing so can reduce the amount of cash kept on the premises
- we provide user-friendly terminals which are maintained by us
- our three piece design includes terminal, power pack and pin pad (which supports cardholder entry of PIN)
- should you experience difficulties with your terminal, we will repair or replace it quickly
- we arrange person2personTM installation and initial training for staff (excluding some remote areas)
The establishment of an EFTPOS facility takes a minimum of ten business working days. Before installation takes place you must ensure a power point within one metre of the terminal and an analogue telephone line are available for the terminal to operate.
Pricing is available by contacting your Branch Manager, Business Banking Manager or Merchant Business Solutions Department.
Your local Branch Manager or Business Banking Manager will require the following information before providing you with pricing:
- business name
- nature of your business
- length of time your business has been active
- other banking you have with us
- the type of facility you require
- your relationships with other banks
- sales volumes (i.e. credit card and debit card turnover and number of transactions per month – statements are preferable)
- current mail order/telephone order sales
- contact details
Visit your nearest branch or call our Merchant Help Desk on 1800 068 427
Information current as at May 26, 2013.
Products issued by Bank of Queensland Limited ABN 32 009 656 740 AFSL 244616. Fees and charges are payable. This website contains general advice. This advice has been prepared without taking account of your objectives, financial situation or needs. You should consider the appropriateness of any advice before acting on it. You should obtain and consider the relevant Product Disclosure Statement (PDS), terms and conditions, Financial Services Guide and Guide to Fees and Charges for the product before making any decision about whether to acquire or continue to hold it. You can obtain a copy of those documents from any Bank of Queensland branch or from this website.