Get moving with car insurance through BOQ
When you get into a car accident or your car is stolen, the last thing you want to think about is how you're going to pay for everything. That's why we've got you covered - from car repairs, replacements, towing and storage, taxi fares, cover for personal effects as well as emergency travel and accommodation costs.
We also offer flexible excess options as well as pay by the month premiums, at no extra cost, for that extra peace of mind.
Protect yourself with Car Insurance offered by BOQ today, so you can drive with confidence.
Comprehensive Car Insurance
Features and Benefits
- Option to choose either market value or agreed value cover for your motor vehicle
- A new vehicle if your car is a total loss within the first two years of original registration
- Choice of repairer
- Lifetime guarantee on authorised repairs
- Automatic inclusion of accessories cover
- Reasonable costs to tow or store a vehicle if it can't be driven following loss or damage
- Hire car in the event of theft and not at fault accidents
- Personal effects cover
- Emergency accommodation and travel costs when you're 100kims or more from home
- Caravan and trailer cover if the trailer or caravan was attached to your vehicle at the time of loss or damage
- Baby seat or capsule cover
- Taxi fare to get you home if your car cannot be driven after an accident
- Replacement keys and recoding of locks if your vehicle's keys are stolen
- Legal liability cover for up to $20 million for damage to other peoples property, their injury or death caused by the insured vehicle
Plus optional extras
- Restricted driver cover – discounted premium for restricted cover to those 30 years of age or over.
- Windscreen excess waiver - basic excess is waived for the first windscreen or window glass claim
- Protected no claims bonus benefit
- Vehicle hire following an 'at fault' or penalty claim
Choose your own car insurance cover
Option 1: Comprehensive cover (agreed value or market value)
This cover protects you for loss or damage to your vehicle if it is destroyed or damaged due to an accident, theft or any other event with a choice of agreed value or market value cover.
Option 2: Third party property damage
This level of cover protects against liability for loss or damage to other people’s property and death or bodily injury caused to other people up to $20 million. This will apply only where the legal liability is not covered by the statutory compulsory insurance or motor car accident compensation scheme in your State or Territory.
Option 3: Third party property damage, plus optional fire & theft
This provides the same cover as third party property damage plus additional cover for fire damage, theft and attempted theft of your vehicle up to the market value of your vehicle, or $8,000, whichever is less.
What you are covered for
1This will apply only where the legal liability is not covered by the statutory compulsory insurance or motor car accident compensation scheme in your State or Territory.
Am I eligible for car insurance?
We can insure your car online if:
- it is in good repair
- it is for private use
But not if:
- your car has any business use, or
- your car is modified or has non standard accessories, or
- your car has not been insured in the last 30 days, or
- any of the drivers have lost their licence in the last five years, or
- any of the drivers made two or more of any at fault, fire, malicious damage or theft claims in the last five years
Get a car insurance quote online
- Select the amount of cover you require.
- Provide details about your car.
- Based on your choice of cover, we will ask for some further details.
- Your premium is calculated based on the summary of your details and the features of the cover you have selected.
How to make a claim
If you get into a vehicle incident, contact us as soon as possible on 1300 794 133. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
We will advise you whether you need to bring your vehicle to one of our Assessing Centres or take it to a repairer. We can help with other arrangements necessary to get you back on the road as quickly as possible.