Landlord Insurance

Protect your investment property

When you're renting out property, the last thing you want to worry about is paying for any loss or damage to your investment. Landlord insurance has been specially tailored to protect your investment property and its contents, whether it's from loss or damage due to theft, fire or storms or damage caused by tenants.


Choose your landlord insurance cover

Option 1: Home insurance

Covers your house, any fixtures or home improvements including garages against the following insured events: damage from storm, rain or flood, fire or explosion, theft, attempted theft or malicious damage, escape of liquid, collision or a falling tree or branch, lightning, earthquake, or damage from riot or civil commotion.

Option 2: Contents insurance

Provides cover for your furniture, furnishings, household goods and appliances against the insured events above.


Key benefits include: 

  • cover for malicious damage caused by tenants (additional excess applies)
  • loss of rent cover (optional cover when you choose home insurance or contents insurance)



What you're covered for



Vero Secure Landlord 

Flood cover


Covered for malicious damage caused by tenants1 


Covered for theft or attempted theft by tenants1 


Lock replacement if your tenant leaves without giving notice, or is legally evicted Yes

Automatic cover for landlords fixtures and fittings up to $5,000


Legal liability cover of $20 million


Option to cover rent lost if home damaged by flood, storms, fire 


Option to cover for loss of rent due to a tenant defaulting on rent payments


Electrical motor burnout cover


Reasonable costs for rebuilding and related expenses such as demolition, removing debris, architect fees up to 15% of your sum insured.


Accidental breakage of glass


1additional excesses apply

Please refer to the Product Disclosure Statement for full coverage and inclusions.


Getting an insurance quote online

We can provide landlord insurance online if your property is:

  • used for domestic purposes only
  • in good repair
  • connected to mains water supply
  • not on more than 5 acres of land
  • not under construction

But not if your home is a holiday home, or your property is over 100 years, in which case you should call us, as we may still be able to help.


Apply now

Important information