About online security
Your online security is important to us. Internet Banking uses a robust solution to protect your information. Some of the security measures we have implemented include:
- All transactions on Internet Banking are encrypted using 128 bit SSL encryption. This protects your Personal Access Code and all sensitive information from being accessed by an unauthorised person. We are constantly changing large session keys.
- Introduction of the BOQ Security Token for customers with a daily Pay Anyone limit of $10,000 or greater. This small electronic authentication device works by generating a password that continually changes – this ensures maximum protection for your Internet Banking transactions.
- Authentication and sessions are managed from the Bank's systems.
- Personal Access Codes are required to be complex to minimise the chance of their being compromised. If multiple 'guessing' attempts are detected, access to Internet Banking will automatically lock to prevent unauthorised access.
- The computer network is protected by multiple firewalls of different types and all systems are regularly maintained, audited and scrutinised to actively prevent any unauthorised access from the Internet. Host and network based intrusion detection systems are employed.
- All Internet Banking sessions have an automatic time out feature to protect your privacy.