Be sure you're dealing with us
Please follow this advice to be sure you are always dealing with us:
- always access Internet Banking by typing www.boq.com.au into your web browser, never by following a link.
- always ignore any email or other communication to the contrary.
- we will never contact you with an invitation to visit our website or ask you to disclose your CAN and PAC.
There have been cases where hackers have sent communications to customers that appear real, even carrying the logo of the financial institution but are actually forged. By doing this the hackers trick customers into disclosing their CAN and PAC details.
To be certain you are dealing with BOQ double-click on the padlock displayed at the bottom of your browser window and a certificate (refer to the example below) will be displayed. When viewing our online Banking certificate always ensure that:
- it has been 'issued to' www.boq.com.au
- the 'issued by' section refers to Entrust Certification Authority
- the date specified is within a valid date range
This shows that you are dealing with BOQ and that your CAN and PAC will be secure as they cross the Internet. If the certificate details differ from this, do not login as you may not be connecting directly to the BOQ website. If you encounter this problem, please contact us immediately.
Extended Validation Certificates
Extended Validation SSL Certificates are an enhanced type of SSL Certificate which allows Internet users to clearly identify and prove the legitimacy of the secure websites they connect to.
When you log on to Internet Banking you may notice that the web address (URL) bar will turn green. This is to signify that our Internet Banking is a genuine and secure site. If customers’ accidentally navigate to a known fraudulent website the web address bar will turn red. This feature helps to prevent customers falling for Phishing attacks.
If you encounter any problems please ensure you are using the latest browser with all updates applied and that your operating system also has the latest updates.
Below are some examples on differing browsers: