Our Easy Investment Account attracts competitive rates. It is calculated on daily balances and is then credited to your account in line with your payment instructions. The flexibility to deposit and withdraw from your Easy Investment Account means that interest rates are lower than our fixed term Premier Investment Account. Rates are updated regularly to ensure healthy returns on your investment.
Current Interest rates are available on the Today's rates page.
- All rates quoted are per annum.
- Minimum investment amount and account balance is $1,000.
- Interest is calculated daily and paid at the end of the investment term or, in the case of investments longer than 12 months, paid annually.
- If you choose to receive your interest payments on a monthly basis, the applicable interest rates will be 0.25%p.a. This is less than the end of term interest rate quoted above, excluding rates for one month or less which are as quoted in the table above.
- Additional deposits of at least $100 can be made to Easy Investment Accounts. The interest rate that will apply to any additional deposit will be the rate stated above for the amount of the additional deposit, and for the remaining term of the account.
- Withdrawals of at least $1,000 can be made from your Easy Investment Account. If you withdraw your funds before the end of your investment term, an interest adjustment will apply and you will sacrifice some of the interest that you would have received.
Choose how you receive your interest
You have the choice of when interest is paid – either monthly or at the end of each term (yearly when you invest for 12 months or longer). How you receive your interest payments is also up to you. You can choose to:
- reinvest your interest payments; or arrange direct payment to another Bank of Queensland account.
Your investment will automatically rollover at the end of the investment term (unless you’ve given us other instructions). You can choose the new lodgement term in advance. If you prefer, we’ll notify you before your investment matures so you can make your choice based on current interest rates.