Cash Passport™ Platinum Mastercard®
Mastercard Cash Passport Platinum is a pre-paid, travel money card that enables you to load up to 11 currencies on one card, and use in shops, online or ATMs globally everywhere Mastercard is accepted. It is a safer and smarter way to carry cash.
Features and benefits
- Free global Wi-Fi for all new Cash Passport Platinum Cards for 3 months via Boingo=
- Load up to 11 currencies on one card (Australian dollars, Great British pounds [Sterling], US dollars, Euros, New Zealand dollars, Hong Kong dollars, Singaporean dollars, Thai Baht, Canadian dollars, Japanese yen and Arab Emirate Dirham)
- Use Cash Passport at millions of stores, online and ATMs worldwide^
- Not linked to your bank account
- Transfer instantly, from your Cash Passport to another Cash Passport issued in Australia or New Zealand in available currencies.
- Access to local currencies without having to carry cash by withdrawing from ATMs
- Manage your travel money on the go via My Account
When you purchase a Cash Passport Platinum Card you can request an addition card at the initial load for a small fee for your use only. Your second card is connected to the same pool of funds, which is especially useful in the unlikely event that your first card is lost or stolen. This means that the lost card can be suspended and our team is ready to replace your card or organize emergency cash access%.
Loading your card
Being a prepaid travel card means you can load or top-up your card online, anywhere, anytime. Shop with confidence knowing exactly how much you have to spend, or simply load more funds with the advantage of locked-in exchange rates*. Load up to 11 currencies: USD, EUR, GBP, NZD, CAD, SGD, JPY, THB, HKD, AED, AUD+. Your card is valid for 5 years which means you can continue using your card for your next holiday.
24/7 global assistance
Help is only a call away whenever and wherever you are. Our team help suspend, replace your card or organize emergency cash access.
- Toll-free number (Australia, 1800 098 231)
- Toll-free number (International (+44207 6499 404)
Refer to the terms and conditions of the Emergency Assistance program. (PDF 215KB)
How to apply
Cash Passport can be purchased over the counter almost instantly~. Please ensure you have an Australian Driver’s license or Passport for identification purposes. Get a Cash Passport at any BOQ branch and lock in your exchange rates today.
Fees and charges
We charge a flat $15.00 for loads and re-loads. The following limits and fees apply to the Card, the Services and /or the Cash Passport Fund. Further disclosure on fees and limits is illustrated in the Product Disclosure Statement provided with the product (www.cashpassport.com.au/help/important-information)
Refer to the Cash Passport terms and conditions. (PDF 215KB)