Pre Paid Travel Cards
MasterCard Cash Passport Platinum
MasterCard Cash Passport Platinum is a pre-paid PIN and chip protected travel money card that enables you to obtain local currency from millions of Mastercard® ATMs and merchants worldwide. It is a safer, more convenient way to access cash and make purchases overseas.
Features and benefits
- free global Wi-Fi for all new Cash Passport Platinum Cards for 3 months via Boingo
- not linked to your bank account
- multiple currencies can be loaded on the one card
- card to card funds transfers between AUD and NZD
- offers access to local money without having to carry cash, travellers cheques or identification
- you can access your funds 24 hours a day
- up to 11 currencies available (Australian dollars, Great British pounds [Sterling], US dollars, Euros, New Zealand dollars, Hong Kong dollars, Singaporean dollars, Thai Baht, Canadian dollars, Japanese yen and Arab Emirate Dirham)
- keep track of your card balance and statements, find the nearest ATM or change your pin at www.cashpassport.com/multi
When you purchase a Cash Passport Platinum Card you can request an addition card at the initial load for a small fee for your use only. Your second card is connected to the same pool of funds, which is especially useful in the unlikely event that your first card is lost or stolen. This means that the lost card can be cancelled but you can carry on your trip without any inconvenience.
Benefits of topping up (reloading) your card
Cash Passports are valid for up to 5 years and can be reloaded again and again so you can keep your card for the next time you travel. If you're running short of money you can have additional funds added by someone back home. Cash Passports can be reloaded via BPAY through EasyPhone banking or Internet banking.
Biller code: 184416
Reference no: Your 16 digit card number
Your card will be reloaded within approximately two to three business days. 1% commission applies. Exchange rate of the day applies for foreign currency reloads.
In addition, you'll enjoy complete peace of mind with Cash Passport Platinum's free emergency travel assistance service. It is designed to help you with almost any emergency, through a single telephone call to the Emergency Assistance help line, via:
- Toll-free number (Australia, 1800 098 231)
- Toll-free number (International (+44207 6499 404)
You can call for help and advice regarding:
- lost or stolen credit cards and passport
- medical emergencies
- legal assistance
- emergency transport home
- interpreter services
- sending a message home
Refer to the terms and conditions of the Emergency Assistance program. (PDF 215KB)
Easy to purchase
As Cash Passport cards are not bank accounts, they are available immediately* from any BOQ branch and can be purchased by people under 18.
* You may be required to provide identification documents. Cards will be activated for use within 2 business hours; allow up to 2 business days for funds loaded via BPAY to appear in your account.
Fees and charges
We charge a flat $15.00 for loads and re-loads. The following limits and fees apply to the Card, the Services and /or the Cash Passport Fund. Further disclosure on fees and limits is illustrated in the Product Disclosure Statement provided with the product (https://www.cashpassport.com.au/help/important-information)
How to apply
- You will need to meet the customer identification requirements of photo identification (Passport or Drivers Licence)
- Visit your nearest Bank of Queensland branch to purchase your card.
Refer to the Cash Passport terms and conditions. (PDF 215KB)
*MasterCard Prepaid Management Services Australia Pty Ltd (ABN 47 145 452 044, AFSL 386 837) arranges for the issue of the Multi-currency Cash Passport™ (“Cash Passport”) in conjunction with the issuer, Heritage Bank Limited (ABN 32 087 652 024, AFSL 240984). You should consider the Product Disclosure Statement for the relevant Cash Passport available at www.cashpassport.com.au before deciding to acquire the product. Any advice does not take into account your personal needs, financial circumstances or objectives and you should consider if it is appropriate for you.
MasterCard® and the MasterCard Brand Mark are registered trademarks of MasterCard International Incorporated.