When you’re a BOQ shareholder, you can get much more than just a great investment.
When you have 500 or more ordinary shares in BOQ, you’re automatically eligible to take advantage of these benefits. The shareholding just has to be in a personal name. If you have a joint holding in two or more personal names, all joint holders can apply.
Company and deceased estate shareholdings are not eligible.
Normal credit assessment criteria apply. Full terms and conditions are available at any BOQ branch.
Below is a summary of the current benefits of being a BOQ shareholder:
- bonus interest rate of 0.25% p.a. on any standard carded rate for any BOQ Premier Investment Account of $25,000 up to $250,000 (excluding special rates)*
- reduced interest rates with discounts of up to 1.05% p.a on a variable rate line of credit, with an application fee of just $375**
- reduced interest rates with discounts of up to 0.90% p.a on variable rate Personal and Home Loans**
- a discount of 20% on Term Life Insurance policies purchased on or after 1 March 2011 (Term Life Insurance is issued by St Andrew’s Life Insurance Pty Ltd AFSL 281731 (St Andrew’s)).
* Bonus interest rates are not available in conjunction with any other bonus rate offer on Special Rates. Bonus interest of 0.25% only applies to new Premier Investment Accounts and to existing Premier Investment Accounts reinvested on or after 1 March 2011.
** These discounted rates are only available on new lending applications received on or after 21 November 2011.
To apply for Shareholder Benefits
Take in evidence of your BOQ shareholding such as a CHESS or dividend statement to a BOQ branch and the benefits will be added where possible.
To apply for the Term Life Insurance benefit, you'll need to send evidence of your BOQ shareholding, such as a copy of your CHESS or dividend statement, along with a completed Term Life Insurance application form, directly to the St Andrew's address listed at the top of the application form.
Before applying for Term Life Insurance you should read the Product Disclosure Statement to see if this product is appropriate for you.