BOQ Group’s vision for reconciliation is an Australia in which First Nations peoples have infinite opportunity and prosperity. As a leading regional bank that prides itself on building long-term relationships based on mutual respect and understanding, we are committed to building social capital through banking with First Nations peoples. We are dedicated to growing a culturally supportive workplace that builds strong relationships with, and provides opportunities for, First Nations peoples, customers, businesses, and communities.
You can download our second innovate Reconciliation Action Plan here.
Our commitment for this RAP
- Establishing meaningful relationships with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities, stakeholders, customers, and employees.
- Advancing cultural inclusion through truth telling, celebration and sharing of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples’ cultures and histories.
- Enhancing supplier diversity through procurement and supply chain practices which support Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander business, communities and peoples.
- Building and upholding an inclusive workplace that removes barriers, creates opportunities, and celebrates the diverse skills, perspectives and insights of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and communities at BOQ.
- Supporting social and economic participation through specifically designed financial access and literacy programs for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.
The Bank of Queensland Group supports the campaign for an Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Voice to Parliament that is enshrined in the Constitution. At this important time for Australia, BOQ is committed to supporting our people to learn more about the Voice to enable each person to make their own informed voting decision.