The Multi Payments menu option in Internet Banking gives you access to make/receive payments to/from the accounts of multiple payees/payers in a single transaction. These accounts may be another BOQ account or an account held at another Australian financial institution.
If you make/receive payments to/from the same group of payees/payers regularly then a Multi Payment/Direct Debit template enables you to save this group and reuse this set of payee/payer details again in the future.
There are 3 main areas on the Multi Payments screen which can be accessed using the tabs about the table:
Multi Payments/Direct Debits
The following information is provided about each of your Multi Payments/Direct Debits:
- Description - the name that you give to your payment.
- Payees/Payers - the total number of payees/payers included in this payment.
- APCA Number - the APCA number used for the Direct Debit (only applicable for Direct Debits).
- Debit Account - the account the funds for this payment will be drawn from (only applicable for Multi Payments).
- Posting/Processing Date - the date the payment will be, or has been made.
- Status - describes the current status of this payment.
The status of a Multi Payment/Direct Debit can be:
- Active - your payment(s) have been created but not yet submitted for processing or authorisation.
- Unauthorised - if your account requires multiple users to authorise transactions, the status will display as unauthorised until this occurs.
- Pending - the payment has been authorised and is scheduled to be paid on the payment date.
- Processing - this status will display on the day the scheduled payment is due to be processed while the payment is waiting in the queue.
- Posted - payment has been processed as per your instructions.
- Failed - the payment has not been processed due to an error, for example insufficient funds or an invalid BSB.
- Unknown - the result of processing the Multi Payment is uncertain. To identify if the payments have been successfully processed check whether the debit has been posted to your account. Further confirmation would be to check whether the recipients have received the proceeds. If no payments have reached the recipients, check that the Multi Payment was not post dated or missed the cut off time of 5pm. (Only applicable for Multi Payments)
Please Note: The actions available from your Multi Payments/Direct Debits list will vary based on your User profile and the status of your payments/templates:
Button Action Edit Open this Multi Payment/Direct Debit for editing and/or to post it for payment View Open this Multi Payment/Direct Debit in view only format - if a Multi Payment/Direct Debit is posted, pending or unauthorised it will display as View only Copy Copy this Multi Payment/Direct Debit and reuse the payee details for a new Multi Payment/Direct Debit Delete Delete this Multi Payment/Direct Debit New Multi Payment/Direct Debit Open the Multi Payment/Direct Debit Details screen and create new Multi Payment/Direct Debit Payments File Upload Upload a payments file from your accounting package for processing - you must be registered for this facility
Multi Payment/Direct Debits Templates
Available through the Multi Payments menu are the Multi Payments and Direct Debits Template tabs. These lists provide a summary of all of your Multi Payment/Direct Debit templates.
Multi Payment/Direct Debit templates enable you to store the details of a group of payees/payers to be used on a regular basis.
If you are making a payment where most payees/payers are the same, you can also use an existing template as a base and then add, edit or delete the payees/payers as required to build a new one-off payment or a new template for future use.
The following information is provided about each of your Multi Payment/Direct Debits templates:
- Template ID - this is a unique number used to identify each Multi Payment/Direct Debit template – this number is generated by the Internet Banking system
- Description – the name that you give to your template to make identification easier
- Payees/Payers - the total number of payees/payers attached to this template
Please Note: The actions available from the Multi Payment/Direct Debits Templates list will vary based on your User profile and the status of your payments/templates:
Button Action Edit Open this Multi Payment/Direct Debit template for editing and/or to use it for a payment Copy Copy this Multi Payment/Direct Debit template and reuse payee/payer details as is or edited for another Multi Payment/Direct Debit or template Use Use this template as is or edited for a new Multi Payment/Direct Debit or template Delete Delete this Multi Payment/Direct Debit template New Template Open the Batch Payment Details screen and create a new Multi Payment/Direct Debit template
At the far right of the Multi Payments menu is the Frequent Payer tab. This list shows all of your Frequent Payers. This list can help you to make regular payments faster by pre-populating some of your payer's details. This means you do not have to type them in each time.
The following information is provided in the list for each of your Frequent Payers:
- Payment Label - this is the name used to identify each Payer
- Payer BSB - this number identifies the bank, building society or credit union to which the payment will be made.
- Payer Account Number - this is the payer's account number, the account to be debited
- Payer Account Name - this is the payer's account name
- Reference - this is the reference which the payer will see
Button Action Edit Edit the details of the frequent payer Delete Delete this Frequent Payer
Changing the List Size:
You can increase or decrease the number of items displayed on either of these lists using the Change List Size drop down box to the top right of the list:
- Enter the number of items you wish to display per screen.
- Click Go.
- The size of list being viewed on this page will change to this value.