A Delegated User is a person established to act on your behalf on one or more of your registered Internet Banking accounts. The level of access given to each Delegated User, and to each account, can be fully customised by you.
The Manage Delegated User Access Levels screen is where you will setup and manage the following components for each of your Delegated Users:
- ability to upload Payments Files (if registered for this facility)
- ability to create other Delegated Users
- Delegated User limits (maximum transaction limits allowed)
- level of access given to each account
- request alerts about Delegated User activity
- save the Delegated User access rights as a template
When creating or editing a Delegated User profile, you can choose to set access rights in two ways:
- Select from a saved template - this will set or reset this Delegated Users access rights to a predefined profile saved as a template
- Customise the access rights for the Delegated User by editing each area on the screen separately
Please Note: The account holder(s) will be responsible for the actions of all Delegated Users accessing their Internet Banking profile including persons who have delegated authority to other users.
To create or manage user access rights:
- Click Users in the top menu of Internet Banking.
- Click the relevant User ID and then click Edit.
- The Edit Delegated User screen will display.
- Change the details on this screen if required and click Continue.
- The Manage Delegated User Access Levels screen will display.
- To select a saved template, choose the require template from the drop down box at the very top of the screen and click Go. If you wish to define the access levels separately, do not select a template from the drop down box and proceed to the next section.
Set the ability to upload Payments Files
The Payments File Upload Facility is a service offered to customers who wish to upload files created using their account software to make/take multiple payments in a single file. For a Delegated User to utilise this feature you will need to have registered for Payments File Uploads first.
If you have already registered, to delegate access to this feature, click the checkbox next to Can upload payments files at the top of the screen.
Set the ability to create other Delegated Users
If given permission, even a Delegated User can create new Delegated Users. To delegate access to this feature, click the checkbox next to Can create other Delegated Users.
Please Note: A Delegated User can not create another Delegated User with access rights higher than their own.
Set the Delegated User Limits (maximum daily transaction limit allowed)
- Type in the required Pay Anyone Payments Limit for this Delegated User - this is the maximum amount this Delegated User can make in Pay Anyone transactions (including Multi Payments).
- Type in the required BPAY Limit for this Delegated User - this is the maximum amount this Delegated User can make in BPAY transactions.
- Type in the required Transfer Limit for this Delegated User - this is the maximum amount this Delegated User can transfer between accounts.
These limits apply to the total transactions of each type for a calendar day, not the individual transaction value. Pay Anyone Payments, Multi Payments, International and RTGS payments are combined when checking limits.
Set the level of access for each account
- Select the relevant account from the list of accounts displayed - this list will include all accounts you currently have registered for Internet Banking.
- Click Change Access Settings.
- If you wish the Delegated User to have access to the account, click the Enable Account Access check box.
- Select the required level of access for each function on the account, e.g. Pay Anyone, Transfer etc.. You can choose from six levels of account access for each Delegated User (see table below).
- Repeat this process for all accounts you wish the Delegated User to access.
Access Level Definition None No information will be displayed to the Delegated User. This will also prevent the Delegated User from viewing balances, pending payments and transaction history. ViewOnly Can create payees, billers and payers but not execute payments. CreateNoView Can setup payments for processing but is not counted as an authoriser and cannot authorise payments created by other users. Balances, pending payments and transaction history are not viewable. CreateView Can setup payments for processing but is not counted as an authoriser and cannot authorise payments created by other users. ExecuteView Full access to account within limits and payment actions allowed. ExecuteNoView Full access to account within limits and payment actions allowed. Balances, pending payments and transaction history are not viewable.
Request alerts for this Delegated Users activities
If you wish to monitor the activity of your Delegated User, you can request to receive a range of alerts about a variety of account actions and transactions.
- Click Change Alert Settings at the bottom of the screen.
- Select the type of alert you would like to receive for each activity available.
Please Note: Normal Email and SMS alerts will be sent to the registered email address and mobile number of your Internet Banking profile. You can check these details by clicking View Personal Details on the Other Services screen.
Save User settings as a new Access Level
If you are likely to create other Delegated Users with the same or similar access rights, you can choose to save the access rights of this Delegated User as a template.
- Enter a template name in the Save as a new Access Level Template field.
- When you save the access rights for this Delegated User, Internet Banking will also create a template of these settings for future use.
|Save||Save changes to this Delegated Users access rights and return to the User screen|
|Cancel||Return to the Users screen without saving the access rights of this Delegated User|