There are several simple things to consider when choosing a password. Some of the most common are listed below.
- use a password containing a word that is in ANY dictionary. This includes foreign and Latin words, names from books, pets names etc
- use a password that you have used in the past. This makes it easy for hackers to get into your account
- write down your password. If you have your password written down, someone else could read it. Choose a password that you can remember, but that is secure, and you will not need to write it down
- disclose your password to anyone, under any circumstances. To do so is in breach of the Electronic Banking Terms and Conditions
- use a password that contains both lower and upper case letters, special characters and numbers
- use a password that you can remember easily, but that is also hard to guess
- change your password regularly