Protecting Yourself Online
When it comes to accessing your money online, it's important to make sure you are protected.
Here are a few simple tips to help keep you and your money safe online
- Don't leave your computer unattended or unlocked when you are logged on to Internet Banking.
- When you have finished counting your savings and paid all your bills, log out of Internet Banking. Not only will you ensure that nobody else can access your money, you'll also receive a handy session summary detailing exactly what you just did.
- If you notice that your computer is acting in an unusual manner, don't ignore it. Extra icons appearing on your desktop, extra toolbars or programmes locking up frequently may be signs that your computer has been infected by some malware.
- Consider installing some anti-virus software or a personal firewall. It can assist in preventing intruders from accessing your computer and alert you to the presence of unwanted computer viruses.
- Keep your computer up to date - the latest operating system or browser update will not only include cool new features but may also include the latest security settings!
- Be careful when opening emails or attachments from people you don't know. It might look like a harmless link to the latest viral video or a chance to win something cool but it could be a scam. Don't get caught out. It's better to be safe than sorry.
If you have any questions about staying safe online, you might like to visit the Stay Smart Online website. You'll find heaps of information about staying smart online and more hints and tips to keep you and your money safe.
If you'd like to know more about how BOQ is helping to protect you online, you can check out our Internet Banking Security page or alternatively you can give our Customer Contact Centre a call on 1300 55 72 72. They're open all day everyday and can help you with all your Internet Banking queries.