BOQ Card Services are happy to help you locate and dispute transactions relating to Visa Debit, EFTPOS and ATM transactions. However, there are a few quick checks you can also do yourself that may assist in resolving the dispute.
If your dispute is related to a Credit Card, please contact us on 1300 55 72 72.
When to contact BOQ
It is best to contact us as soon as possible to assist you with:
- Identifying transactions you don’t recognise.
- Disputing payments where your purchase didn’t arrive or it differed from the description and the merchant is not responding to your enquiry.
- Disputing payments where the amount taken differed from the agreed amount.
- Disputing duplicated transactions.
- Disputing payments where the goods delivered were damaged or faulty.
When to contact the merchant
- When you are in disagreement about a bill from a supplier or merchant.
- When you are disputing a contract.
- When you have changed your mind and are trying to negotiate a refund or exchange
Before you dispute a Transaction
Here are a few things you can do before you contact us to dispute a transaction:
- Check the transaction with any additional cardholders.
- Contact the merchant directly, this is usually the fastest way to resolve a transaction dispute. Some organisations such as Apple, Google, PayPal and many others have their own payment dispute processes.
- If you don’t recognise the merchant name appearing on your statement, checking on google.com.au can sometimes help to determine the business trading name or business type.
- Verify if the merchant is located overseas or the transaction occurred overseas, this can alter the amount based on the exchange rate at the time.
If you still wish to dispute the Transaction
If you’ve tried to resolve your dispute using these suggestions and had no success, you can ask us to dispute the transaction on your behalf.
You'll need to have these details ready to raise the dispute:
- Your card and account details where the transaction occurred
- Date, amount & description details of the transaction from your statement or transaction history
- Any details of attempts to resolve with the merchant directly (e.g., emails, letters, or records of phone calls)
- Police Report details in the case of fraudulent transactions or stolen cards
- Provide any receipts and/or documentation relating to the transaction/dispute
We can action this for you in person or over the phone at any BOQ Branch. You can also call our Contact Centre directly on 1300 55 72 72.
Call our Contact Centre on 1300 737 766.
What happens next?
We'll submit your request to the merchant, and provide you with a dispute reference number.
For EFTPOS and ATM disputes it can take up to 45 days to resolve your dispute with the Merchant.
For Visa Debit disputes it can take up to 75 days to resolve your dispute with the Merchant.
We will contact you throughout the process via letter or email to provide updates or request further information when required.
How to cancel a disputed Transaction
You can cancel a dispute at any stage by simply contacting any BOQ Branch or our Contact Centre directly on 1300 55 72 72.
Please quote your dispute reference number if you have it handy, or your Customer Access Number (CAN).