BOQ Group demonstrates continued support for flood impacted communities
Monday 16 May 2022
As the flood recovery efforts in Queensland and New South Wales continue, BOQ Group has remained committed to supporting impacted communities by donating more than $200,000.
Across the Group, the following support has been provided for widespread relief:
- A donation of $25,000 to the Queensland Fire and Emergency Services and $25,000 to the NSW SES.
- Guaranteed dollar matching all donations made to Red Cross Australia by BOQ Group employees and customers.
- A donation of $10,000 to BOQ’s National Fundraising Partner, Orange Sky Australia to assist with community recovery.
- Becoming the major sponsor of Secret Sounds Flood Aid.
- Activation of the Emergency Fast Track Relief assistance for affected customers,
- Employee contribution of over 2000 hours of community service leave to help flood affected communities.
- A combined donation of $18,000 towards local Gympie and Lismore community groups, fundraised via employee led initiatives and dollar matching.
- Delivery of 5000 chocolate Easter eggs to Gympie and Lismore community hubs including The Salvation Army and Vinnies.
BOQ Group CEO and Managing Director George Frazis said, “We’re more than two months on from the tragic flooding in Queensland and New South Wales, and it never gets less devastating to hear the stories of what people have lost.
“After visiting some of these areas, I’ve been shocked at just how widespread and destructive the damage has been, and I know that the recovery efforts will continue for many, many months.
“While we embrace the heart-warming stories of resilience and recovery, we know this is still a very emotional and challenging time for people, and the team and I will continue to find ways we can help,” Mr Frazis said.
- ends -