BOQ Group provides emergency assistance for customers impacted by floods
Tuesday 5 July 2022
Bank of Queensland (BOQ) today announced a financial relief package for customers impacted by the floods across NSW, including access to emergency overdrafts.
As the severe weather continues to cause dangerous conditions in NSW, the safety of customers remains our highest priority. Once it’s safe to seek assistance, customers from flood impacted areas are encouraged to contact the Customer Assistance team to discuss the options available to them.
The financial relief package includes emergency assistance for BOQ Group customers in flood affected areas, support options available include:
- 90 day deferral of loan repayments (i.e. Home Loans, Business Loans, Personal Loans) which may be capitalised to the loan over the remaining term;
- Term extensions on eligible products;
- Waiver of fees associated with transactions relating to financial difficulty assistance;
- Early release of funds held in customer Term Deposits (including waiver of fee);
- Temporary overdrafts up to $1000 for transactional accounts
BOQ General Manager Everyday Banking and Deposits, Sophie Tilden said, “It’s heartbreaking that many of these communities are facing their second and third flooding events already this year, and we want them to know we are here to help.
“We know that the most essential support during the flooding earlier in the year was quick access to temporary overdrafts, so we’ve got this ready to go and available for our customers now.
“We have a range of other financial support, and dedicated teams ready to discuss our customers’ individual circumstances, concerns and enquiries as soon as it’s safe to do so for them,” Ms Tilden said.
This support is available for customers across the BOQ Group, including BOQ Specialist and BOQ Finance. To access this support please phone:
· BOQS: 1800 950 399 option 2
For emergency help in severe weather call the State Emergency Service on 132 500, or call 000 for life-threatening emergencies.