Platinum Visa Credit Card
Get the lot (and more) – for surprisingly little.
Earn 100,000 bonus Q Rewards® points2Apply now
Spend criteria, terms and conditions apply. New customers only.
We love happy customers and rewarding you makes us happy too.
|Annual fee||Annual percentage rate
(% p.a.) - Purchases
|Annual percentage rate
(% p.a.) - Cash
|Interest-free days on purchases6|
| $65 annual fee for the first year, then $1298
||Up to 55 days (unless you have a balance transfer)|
A full list of fees and charges are provided in our Credit Card Fees and Charges Guide below.
The following conditions must be met for an online application:
The online credit card application will take approximately 20 minutes to complete, assuming you have all the necessary information on hand.
The required documentation is dependent upon whether or not you are an existing BOQ customer.
To apply for a BOQ Credit Card, you will require the following documents:
To add an additional cardholder on an existing BOQ Credit Card:
Fees and charges are payable. NAB's standard credit assessment criteria apply. Terms and Conditions apply and are available upon request. Offers only available to approved new BOQ credit card customers. Introductory offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other credit card offer, including when you take out a credit card as part of a home loan package. Offer expires 30 April 2024, offer may be extended.
1. To be eligible for the balance transfer offer you need to apply for the BOQ Platinum Visa card by 30 April 2024. Your total balance transfers may not exceed 80% of your credit limit. The 0% p.a. interest rate applies to balances transferred with this offer, and the balance transfer fee, for a period of 12 months. The 12 month promotional period commences when the balance transfer is processed and you must make the Balance Transfer request within the first 3 months from approval to receive this offer. The balance transfer fee is 1% of the balance transferred and will be debited to your account on the day or the day after your balance transfer is processed. At the end of the balance transfer period, the interest rate on any outstanding transferred balance, and balance transfer fee, will revert to the variable Annual Percentage Rate for Cash Advances, currently 21.74% p.a. Please note you are not entitled to any interest free days whilst you have a balance transfer. This means that all spend will be charged interest at the applicable annual percentage rate. For important information to consider before taking up a balance transfer, please click here.
2. To be eligible for the 100,000 bonus Q Rewards® Points offer you need to apply for the BOQ Platinum Visa Card by 30 April 2024. 100,000 bonus Q Rewards Points will be awarded when $4,500 or more is spent on Eligible Transactions within the first 3 months from card approval. Purchases must be processed and charged to your account in the first 3 months from the account approval. Eligible Transaction is defined in the Q Rewards® Terms and Conditions and means any purchase excluding (but not limited to) cash advances, balance transfers, special promotions, BPAY payments, government related transactions and all other transactions set out within the definition. All Q Rewards® are subject to the BOQ Q Rewards® Terms and Conditions. The Q Rewards® Points will be credited to the Primary Cardholder’s Account within 60 days of meeting the spend criteria. This offer is not available when closing or transferring from another BOQ branded credit card account or in conjunction with any other BOQ branded credit card offer.
3. BOQ Instalment Plans are defined in the Credit Card Terms and Conditions as a Fixed Payment Option. Fixed Payment Option offers are subject to eligibility and only available if your account is and remains in good standing. Your Fixed Payment Option uses part of your existing credit limit. As you pay off your Fixed Payment Option, the amount you pay off will become available for you to use again as part of your credit limit at the standard Annual Percentage Rate applicable to your account. For the full Terms and Conditions of your Fixed Payment Options, please refer to the Credit Card Terms and Conditions and Other Important Information.
4. Q Rewards® points are earned on Eligible Transactions. Eligible purchase is defined as Eligible Transaction. Eligible Transaction is defined in the Q Rewards® Terms and Conditions and means any purchase excluding (but not limited to) cash advances, balance transfers, special promotions, BPAY payments, government related transactions and all other transactions set out within the definition. All Q Rewards® points are subject to the BOQ Q Rewards® Terms and Conditions. Q Rewards® Points never expire while the card remains open and is not in arrears.
5. AWP Australia Pty Ltd ABN 52 097 227 177 AFSL 245 631 (trading as Allianz Global Assistance) under a binder from the insurer, Allianz Australia Insurance Limited ABN 15 000 122 850 AFSL 234708 has issued a Complimentary insurance group policy to National Australia Bank Limited (ABN 12 004 044 937, AFSL and Australian Credit Licence 230686) (“NAB”) which allows eligible NAB account holders and cardholders to claim under it as third party beneficiaries by operation of s48 of the Insurance Contracts Act 1984 (Cth). NAB is the credit provider and issuer of BOQ credit cards. NAB has acquired the business relating to these products from Citigroup Pty Limited (ABN 88 004 325 080, AFSL and Australian credit licence 238098) (“Citi”). Citi has agreed with NAB to provide transitional services in relation to the transferred business. Any advice on insurance is general advice only and not based on any consideration of your objectives, financial situation or means. The terms, conditions, limits and exclusions of the group policy are set out in the BOQ Credit Cards Complimentary Insurance Policy Information Booklet available at https://www.boq.com.au/terms which may be amended from time to time. Neither NAB nor Citi nor any of its related corporations guarantee this insurance.
6. The interest free period applies when you pay your full closing balance from your last statement of account by the payment due date (excluding any fixed payment option balance which isn’t due for payment by that payment due date). No interest free period is available on cash advances or balance transfers. Whilst you have a balance transfer you will be charged interest on your daily unpaid balance.
7. To be eligible for a $0 annual fee on a BOQ Platinum Visa credit card you need to have an eligible BOQ home loan and be a new credit card customer. The $0 annual fee will apply for the duration that you are a BOQ home loan customer. All applications must meet approval guidelines on all products to qualify. This includes BOQ and NAB's standard credit assessment criteria (as the case may be). Benefits cannot be taken in conjunction with or in addition to any other packages, negotiated interest rates or special offers.
8. Subject to your acceptance you will be billed an annual fee of $65 for the first year in accordance with our T&Cs. This will revert to $129 for subsequent years. Annual fees are subject to change. This offer is valid until 30 April 2024.
National Australia Bank Limited (ABN 12 004 044 937, AFSL and Australian Credit Licence 230686) ("NAB") is the credit provider and issuer of BOQ Credit Cards ("Credit Cards"). Fees and charges are payable. Full terms and conditions are available at any Bank of Queensland branch. NAB's standard credit assessment criteria apply. This website contains general advice. This advice has been prepared without taking account of your objectives, financial situation or needs. You should consider the appropriateness of any advice before acting on it. You should obtain and consider the relevant Product Disclosure Statement, terms and conditions, Financial Services Guide and Guide to Fees and Charges before making any decision about whether to acquire or continue to hold the product. You can obtain a copy of those documents from any Bank of Queensland branch or by contacting us. For Target Market Determinations please refer here.
Bank of Queensland Credit Cards (“Credit Cards”) are issued by National Australia Bank Limited (ABN 12 004 044 937, AFSL and Australian Credit Licence 230686) (“NAB”) and distributed by Bank of Queensland Limited ABN 32 009 656 740 (“BOQ”). NAB has acquired the business relating to the Credit Cards from Citigroup Pty Ltd (ABN 88 004 325 080, AFSL and Australian Credit Licence 238098) ("Citi") and has appointed Citi to assist to administer the Credit Cards. BOQ does not and will not guarantee or otherwise support NAB’s obligations under the contracts or agreements connected with the Credit Cards.