About BOQ Group
Our purpose is to create prosperity for our customers, shareholders and people through empathy, integrity and by making a difference. Our ambition is to be known as the bold challenger bank, with multi-brands that are digitally enabled with a personal touch.
We've created simple, easy-to-understand banking products to help support our customers' financial needs. We offer a range of these products and services to individuals, as well as businesses.
We're one of the top 100 Australian companies ranked by market capitalisation on the Australian Securities Exchange.
BOQ is passionate about providing opportunities for you to develop your career as we continuously adapt and deliver in a transformational and collaborative environment with a strong focus on community.
BOQ’s Inclusion vision is to foster a workspace that values and leverages difference and creates new possibilities, a place where our people feel confident to bring their best selves to work every day. We embrace difference and believe that our workforce should reflect the customers and communities that we serve.
BOQ operates a number of brands which offer a diverse range of products and services for our personal and business customers. These brands include;-
- BOQ Retail Network – at BOQ, most of our branches are run by local Owner-Managers. This means they're running a small business and understand what it means to deliver personal service. We pride ourselves on building long-term customer relationships that are based on mutual respect and understanding. We have more than 160 branches across Australia and in each and every one of them you'll find us really getting to know our customers and recognising their financial needs. It's how we've been doing business since 1874.
- Virgin Money Australia - is a digital retail financial services company that aims to provide a wide range of great value financial products that are easy to understand and sort out. Virgin Money is a compelling alternative to the big banks. BOQ acquired Virgin Money Australia in 2013 and it operates as a standalone business within the BOQ Group.
- BOQ Finance – is a wholly owned subsidiary of the Bank of Queensland Limited specialising in asset, cash flow and structured finance solutions. BOQF is a mid-market financier providing deep industry and product skills to its partner base servicing over 100,000 customers creating long-term relationships. With over 45 years of history in the Australian and New Zealand markets, BOQF is proudly backing your business because we know that the only way we succeed, is if your business does.
- BOQ Specialist - delivers distinctive banking solutions to niche market segments including medical, dental, veterinary and accounting professionals. BOQ acquired the business (previously Investec Professional Finance) as part of Investec Bank (Australia) Limited in 2014. BOQ Specialist operates as a separate division of BOQ's Business Bank.
- ME Bank - is a retail bank with a well-recognised brand, offering simple products, in straight forward language, and with an Australian based customer service support. BOQ acquired ME Bank in 2021.
Find out more about BOQ's Business Areas where you can start your career.
About Group Finance
In Group Finance, we are focused on BOQ’s key fiancial activities. This includes; our integrated people strategy, technology architecture roadmap, process improvements to optimise our performance and experience, streamlining reporting to generate insights and drive strong returns, and productivity improvements.
About Public Affairs, Communications and Investor Relations
Our Public Affairs, Communications and Investor Relations team puts the Customer at the heart of everything we do at BOQ Group. It brings together Retail Banking and Business Marketing teams, Brand, Corporate Affairs, Government Relations, Community Investment, Customer Advocate, Customer Experience and the Chief Executive Office functions under one business unit.