The BOQ recruitment team is made up of customer-centric talent professionals with extensive recruitment experience between them. They live and breathe the BOQ way and are dedicated to guiding you along the recruitment process, from start to finish. Passionate about building lasting relationships and providing a high level of service, they genuinely love coming to work every day to make your dream of joining BOQ a reality.
Learn more about our Talent Partners below.
Manager Talent Acquisition
- I joined BOQ’s Talent Acquisition team in 2017! After thoroughly enjoying a number of years recruiting a diverse range of roles across the business, I now have the privilege of managing this amazing team of passionate, energetic Talent professionals who are exceptional at what they do.
- I graduated with a Bachelor of Business (Public Relations & Marketing), and have over 12 years' experience working in recruitment, within agency and internal environments, both in Australia and overseas.
- I am a mother of two adorable ‘high spirited’ toddlers, and enjoy nothing more than spending my spare time with family and friends, enjoying great food and wine, and fitting in as much time in the sunshine as possible!
Senior Talent Partner - Group Risk
- Attracting talented individuals, partnering with colleagues & genuinely having a super time while I do it is my jam! I’m a kiwi by birth, but I now call myself a Melbournian where I live, with my musician husband, our two young boys, thousands of bees, a handful of chickens & a life-long dream to have a working urban farm!
- With close to 15 years’ experience working within the complex world of recruitment, I work across all of BOQ Group, but also partner specifically with our fabulous Group Risk teams, building out creative recruitment campaigns to find the best people to align with our diverse & inclusive cultural values. You'll probably also notice I love me a LinkedIn post or two and a cheeky hashtag as I have a passion for all things EVP & Recruitment Marketing #watchthisspace #workwithBOQ #bankwithBOQ
Senior Talent Partner
- Proudly Melbourne based, I joined the talent team in January 2022
- Passionate about our Internal Mobility, finding career progression opportunities and opening doors for our staff to experience new areas of work
- Excited about the strategic direction of the group and playing my role in helping us achieve that
Senior Talent Partner - Campaign & Volume
- Passionate about providing innovative recruitment solutions that provide an exceptional experience for our candidates and hiring manager.
- Have over 10 years recruitment experience, both internally and through agency and am excited to have joined this fantastic BOQ team in 2022.
- I love all things creative from writing, to art to woodwork, and love travel and spending time with my family.
Talent Partner - Corporate Branch Network and Retail Banking – Nationwide
- I joined BOQ in January 2020 and have over 17 years’ experience in recruitment having recruited in the UK, South African and Australian markets.
- My passion is working closely with my stakeholders by identifying and connecting them with top talent while providing exceptional customer service and positive outcomes – hiring the right talent is the key to our organisations success
- I am a mother to two beautiful girls and two fur babies. We enjoy bay walks, swimming in this beautiful Queensland weather and spending time getting lost in a good book.
Talent Partner - BOQ Retail (Frontline) - Franchise - Nationwide
- I officially joined the Talent team in April 2019, after temping with BOQ Group on and off since 2017 whilst travelling and living in Thailand.
- I have several years experience in recruitment and I enjoy being able to bring the right talent to BOQ Group!
- I enjoy cooking and trying to be creative with it, a good camping adventure, travelling, trying new experiences, and a nice wine with family and friends.
Talent Partner - Transformations and Operations
- I joined the BOQ Talent Team in February 2022 as a Talent Coordinator, as of October 2022 I stepped into a Talent Partner role.
- I have over 5 years administrative experience throughout Real Estate, Legal, Accounting & Agency Recruitment. A little fun fact, I am also a qualified Veterinary Nurse.
- When not at work, you’ll find me with my dog & horse, camping/boating or enjoying myself at a nice restaurant with a ‘sauvy B’.
Talent Partner - Group Technology and Operations
- I have been in the recruitment industry for over 2 years and have been lucky enough to build relationships throughout multiple niches across Australia
- I am passionate about creating long term outcomes for Hiring Managers and supporting candidates on their career journey with BOQ
- Outside of work, I am very active and love a good gym session, hiking and yoga. I also love being around my family and spending time with our beloved dogs.
Simon Wallace (Parental Leave)
Talent Partner - Group Technology
- I recruit for Group Technology at BOQ specialising in Software Engineering, Infrastructure, Cloud and Architecture.
- The most enjoyable part of recruitment for me is giving people the opportunity to take that next step in their career and watching them grow.
- Originally, I am from the UK where I worked as an Electronics Technician for 10 years where I gained my enthusiasm for all things Tech.
- Outside of work I enjoy most sports, hiking and travelling with some good food mixed in.
Sakara Patterson (Parental Leave)
Talent Partner - Group Technology
- I made the switch from agency to internal, joining the amazing talent team at BOQ in February 2022 continuing to specialise across technology recruitment, having recruited in Australian and New Zealand markets.
- I have a passion for top talent, bringing my energetic flare to the table to ensure I always provide a seamless experience and outcome for both hiring managers and candidates.
- The beach is where my heart lies, always wanting to get out in the sun and spend valuable time with family and friends.
Talent Partner - Group Technology
- I love all things recruitment and have spent my recruitment career in various industries (Telecommunications, Higher Education, Technology).
- Since 2021, I have specialised in Technology recruitment and am very fortunate to be supporting the Group Tech portfolio at BOQ.
- I find it very rewarding to be able to help individuals with their career path. Forming great connections along the way is always a nice bonus.
- Outside of work, I love spending time with my beautiful family!
Talent Partner - BOQ Business & BOQ Specialist
- I have over 4 years’ experience in recruitment across multiple industries throughout Australia and the UK
- I like to spend my time discovering new restaurants to wine and dine at and can’t go past a good picnic in the park.
Talent Insights Partner
- I joined the BOQ Talent Team in March 2023 and have over 2 years recruitment experience across multiple industries including professional services, consulting, and utilities. I have a passion for bringing the brightest talent into an organisation while providing an excellent experience for both candidates and hiring leaders.
- On the weekends I enjoy going to the beach and gym, having a wine with friends & family and discovering new rooftop bars & restaurants.
- I have a beautiful fur baby called Julian, who is a very handsome Rhodesian ridgeback puppy.
Early Career Senior Talent Partner
- Starting with ME Bank and BOQ Group in March 2020 I have been able to lean in to my passion of Recruitment and Early Careers.
- My role sees me partnering with tertiary education facilities and early talent commercial service providers to ensure the organisation is and continues to attract the best talent.
- Outside of work you will usually find me in the kitchen baking with my kids. If I didn't begin a career in HR I would have become a pastry chef.
Talent Partner - Campaign and Volume
- I joined BOQ in January 2007 and have had many wonderful years working in our Retail Branches as a Branch Manager. In early 2021 I commenced as the Team Leader for the VMA & BOQ Service Team supporting our Broker home loan customers.
- Recently I joined the Talent Acquisition Team and I now have the pleasure of assisting other BOQ departments to find the best possible people for their teams.
- I am married and have two adult sons, I live on the Gold Coast and enjoy travelling, boating and holidays in our caravan and of course spending time with our families.
- Starting my BOQ group career in the contact centre space in Feb 2020, I have worked closely with our customers and gained some incredibly insight in banking and home loan sector.
- I had an opportunity to work alongside the amazing talent team as a coordinator in the Volume recruitment space in 2021, before heading off on maternity leave. Upon return I came back into the team as a Talent Coordinator working with our Talent Partners across the Group Tech, Business Banking & Early Careers Space.
- I grew up in Broome WA, so I love getting to the beach, hiking somewhere in the Mornington Peninsular. I also enjoy eating out and cooking , travelling and spending time with my son and husband.
Talent Coordinator - BOQ Group Contact Centre & Operations
- Starting at ME in 2018 and working closely with our Contact Centre, I’ve gained some valuable insight on the importance of the role in the organisation.
- I’m passionate about developing my skills and bringing my personal flare to the role each day to ensure the candidate experience is a positive one.
- Outside of work I enjoy watching the AFL, writing and attending poetry nights and binging the latest Netflix series.
- I joined the amazing BOQ Group in 2018 as a Customer Care Representative in the Varsity Lakes Contact Centre.
- Shortly after I moved into the Virgin Money Sales and Service Team where I stepped into a 2IC Role and had the pleasure of training and supporting these incredibly passionate, fun-loving individuals.
- Recently I joined the Talent Acquisition Team where I have the wonderful job in assisting with the onboarding and welcoming of our new employees to our business.
- I have been married for 26 years, I have 2 beautiful daughters and too many fur babies.
- I live on the sunny Gold Coast where I love to spend my weekends in the garden or out on the jetski and sharing good food, margaritas and plenty of laughs with my Family and Friends.