BOQ Responds to Queensland Floods
BOQ today announced plans to help flood-affected Queenslanders.
- We will expedite insurance claims for all BOQ insurance customers through our partner Vero Insurance. BOQ’s insurance partners have also indicated that they will have well-manned call centres and officers on the ground to assist with customer enquiries.
Lending and Credit Cards
- Restructuring of all home/business and personal loans, including suspension or recasting of repayments without impacting arrears (on a case by case basis). All bank fees (establishment or conversion) to be waived in these instances.
- Waiver of establishment fees for personal loans and overdrafts where related to the provision of assistance.
- Customers with fixed rate loans who are ahead of their scheduled repayments will be allowed to redraw their early repaid principal at no cost.
- Deferral of equipment finance repayments, when required.
- For term deposit customers, waiver of charges related to breaking the term deposit to access their cash.
- Waiver of over-the-counter service fees (e.g. bank cheques or cashing of cheques) resulting from the disaster.
BOQ Managing Director David Liddy said the Bank has a strong commitment to Queensland and understands how significantly this will impact all parts of the local community.
“As Queensland’s bank, we really want to help Queenslanders affected by the floods to get back on their feet as quickly as possible.
“Our hearts go out to all those affected by this disaster,” Mr Liddy said.
BOQ customers requiring further information are invited to contact the Bank on 1300 557 272.