BOQ responds to tropical cyclone Ului
BOQ today announced plans to help Queenslanders affected by tropical cyclone Ului.
- BOQ insurance customers can contact our insurance partners Vero Insurance, St Andrew’s and GIO for insurance claims. Our insurance partners have indicated they will have well-manned call centres and officers on the ground to assist with customer enquiries.
Lending and Credit Cards
- Restructuring of home/business and personal loans, including suspension or recasting of repayments without impacting arrears (on a case by case basis). All bank fees (establishment or conversion) to be waived in these instances.
- Waiver of establishment fees for personal loans and overdrafts where related to the provision of assistance.
- Customers with fixed rate loans who are ahead of their scheduled repayments will be allowed to redraw their early repaid principal at no cost.
- Deferral of equipment finance repayments for up to three months, when required.
- For term deposit customers, waiver of charges related to breaking the term deposit to access their cash (on a case by case basis).
- Waiver of over-the-counter service fees (e.g. bank cheques or cashing of cheques) resulting from the disaster.
BOQ Managing Director David Liddy said the Bank has a strong commitment to the Whitsunday Coast region and understands how the damage caused by tropical cyclone Ului will impact all parts of the local community.
“As Queensland’s bank, we really want to help residents in the Whitsunday Coast region affected by the cyclone to get back on their feet as quickly as possible,” Mr Liddy said.
BOQ customers requiring further information are invited to contact their local branch or the Bank on 1300 557 272.