BOQ Enterprise Agreement 2010 Approved by Fair Work Australia
BOQ today announced that its new BOQ Enterprise Agreement 2010 has been approved by Fair Work Australia.
BOQ Managing Director & CEO David Liddy said the new agreement will help BOQ corporate staff covered by the agreement to better balance the demands of work and life.
“I’m absolutely committed to the BOQ team who do a fantastic job and I’m thrilled that the Bank could offer an attractive agreement that was readily accepted by staff,” Mr Liddy said.
“We understand that people are so busy these days trying to juggle work, play and their home life that putting steps in place to make this balance easier was crucial to the new agreement,” he said.
“At BOQ we strive to be an employer of choice with people seeking us out and wanting to work for BOQ because of our culture, stability and the benefits that we offer our staff.”
The new BOQ Enterprise Agreement 2010 was reached through negotiations with Employee Bargaining Representatives and the Finance Sector Union.
Some of the entitlements of the BOQ Enterprise Agreement 2010 are:
• Great leave options: Four weeks of annual leave and five days of special leave for a full time EA employee (pro rata for part-time EA employees)∙
• Guaranteed pay rises of 4% in 2011,2012 and 2013 for employees who have a performance rating of 'Needs Improvement' or higher
• More Paid Parental leave for primary care and non-primary givers:
• Increase in Paid Parental leave for the non-primary care giver: EA employees
• Increases to Casual Loading
• Better overtime provisions
These entitlements only apply to employees covered by the BOQ Enterprise Agreement 2010, and are effective from today, Thursday, 24 February 2011.
This agreement replaces the Bank of Queensland Collective Agreement 2006-2009, and has a nominal expiry date of 30 September 2014.