Ready to take the next step and grow your business?
From marketing your small business on a budget to streamlining your small business finances our business banking experts share their tips to support your business growth.
How to grow your small business
Business growth is the holy grail of success for many small business owners. However, unless you plan carefully and establish realistic business goals, the expansion of your SME business could turn into a runaway train putting your business at risk of incurring expenses that outweigh the returns.
Creating a workplace culture to help your small business grow
It’s no secret that hiring the right people is a big challenge for small business owners. However, recent statistics show that employee turnover and staff retention rates have been falling dramatically in recent years and are an even bigger problem within the small business sector.
A full suite of business banking solutions for growing businesses
Small business bank accounts
BONUS INTEREST VARIABLE RATE FOR BALANCES UP TO $500,000
Earn an ongoing, competitive interest rate on your business savings that rewards you for using your linked Everyday Business Account.
- Earn ongoing Bonus Interest variable rate when you meet Bonus Criteria
- Simply deposit $5,000 or more and do 5 or more eligible transactions on your linked Everyday Business Account
- No minimum balance required
ADDITIONAL INTEREST FOR 4 MONTHS ON BALANCES OVER $10,000
Make the most of your business savings with the flexibility of accessing your money anytime.
- Earn additional interest for 4 months as an introductory offer
- No monthly account maintenance fees
- Unlimited transfers
Maximise your import and export potential
From traditional trade products to tailored finance solutions, BOQ offers a range of trade finance solutions for your import and export business.
- Manage payment and foreign exchange risk
- Finance imports and exports
- Establish a foreign currency account
Small business loans and finance for updating your space or equipment
Tailored business financing, designed to grow your business
Looking to grow your business? Get started with 2.99% p.a. on a 2 year fixed rate Business Term Loan with residential security.1
Why choose our Business Term Loan:
- Loan-to-Value Ratio up to 90%+
- Loan terms up to 30 years+
- Redraw facility available on variable interest rate Business Term Loans
- Variable rates from 3.49% p.a. 1
Finance your equipment without tying up your cashflow
Whether you want to lease your equipment, salary package your vehicle or you're looking for a short-term finance solution to grow your business, we can help with a full suite of funding options.
- Spread your repayments over the life of the equipment
- No capital outlay
- Structure repayments to suit your cash flow
Flexible Investment and Development Loan
With a minimum loan amount of $500,000, our Commercial Rate Loan is designed for property development, property investment or business acquisitions purposes.
- Suit your cashflow by choosing from four loan options
- Progress draws available
- Accepted security includes residential property, commercial property, business assets, directors' guarantee, fixed and floating company charge
Flexible cash flow options to help you succeed
Manage your cashflow and cover expenses
You can't always predict when an unexpected expense will arise, or when you need to cover shortages in your cash flow. Our Business Overdraft gives you access to a minimum of $10,000, up to an approved limit.
- Attach to your BOQ Business Transaction Account for access when you need it
- Interest only charged on funds utilised
- Access your overdraft via EFTPOS, online banking, direct debit, in branch or via cheque
Guarantee payment without having to supply an upfront deposit or bond
Bank Guarantees enable you to grow your business by providing your suppliers, landlord, or government authorities with the security of guaranteed payment.
- Flexible security options
- Faster turnaround (5-8 business days) with our Express Bank Guarantee Facility (up to $100,000 customer limit and 100% cash security)
- Earn interest on cash security at standard Term Deposit rates
Free up your cash flow spent on insurance premiums
Pay your annual insurance premiums through flexible repayments, allowing your working capital to stay in your business.
- Easy monthly instalments
- 6 to 12 month options
- Release cash flow to invest back into your business