How do I register for SMS banking?
Before you can begin using any of the SMS alert or enquiry services in Internet Banking you will need to:
- Have a mobile phone number registered - SMS services can only be requested and received by this mobile number. This will be done at the branch when you register for Internet Banking. You can check your registered number at any time via the Personal Details option on the Other Services menu within Internet Banking.
- Have the SMS services option activated - To turn on the SMS services, select SMS Settings on the SMS screen within Internet Banking, then click Turn On SMS Service.
The activation process varies depending on the type of service you require. For more detail, you can refer to the Help pages available within Internet Banking.
What types of SMS alerts can I receive?
Once you are registered for SMS services you can choose any or all of the following alerts:
- scheduled payments greater than a selected amount
- new BPAY View bills have been received
- new secure mail has been received
- customer block alert
- error messages for SMS related errors
- delegated user alerts (numerous alerts available)
- notification of limit increase requests
What types of SMS enquiries can I make?
Once you are registered for SMS services you can request the following at any time:
- current balance of a nominated account.
- the last 5 transactions on a nominated account.
Can I receive alerts from more than one mobile phone?
No. SMS services must be requested and received by the mobile phone number that is registered on your Online Banking profile.
What number should I use for SMS enquiries?
To request information about your accounts you can send an SMS to the BOQ SMS Services number 0427 45 72 72 with an action code and the Quick Access Number (QAN) you have allocated to your account. The action codes to use are as follows:
- BAL QAN# = the available balance of the requested Account.
- TXN QAN# = the last 5 transactions for the requested Account (most recent first)
For example, to request the balance of the account you have associated to QAN1, you would SMS BAL 1 to 0427 45 72 72.
Does BOQ charge for the use of SMS banking services?
BOQ does not charge for the use of its SMS banking services. If you use the SMS enquiry function you may be charged by your mobile phone provider for any messages sent or received by your phone. Please contact your mobile phone provider for details of their charges.
View a video tutorial on Quick Access Numbers and SMS banking
View a video tutorial on setting up and managing SMS alerts